Total Pageviews

Monday, February 7, 2011

Shiseido Base Makeup Lifting Foundation

I am on the biggest hunt for the perfect foundation! This is the one I am happiest with as of right now. It promises a smooth and dewy finish. It also has an anti-wrinkle complex in it. I did like the dewiness but didn't see that much of a difference in the lines around my eyes. Which I wasn't expecting to anyway because it's not technically a skincare product.
Foundation is tricky that way. You want even skin and you may have to cover some issues but not in exchange for looking chalky and wrinkled. If you don't get a dewy enough formula this can happen and it is not cute. You might as well walk around wearing nothing.
Most of the time I put a foundation on and it looks good for a while and after a while it settles in lines and this one didn't. So it's a Do!
Shiseido also has crazy good cleansers! Just FYI! You use the size of a dime add some water and you could wash your whole body if you wanted to. It foams up like mad and I never feel dry after I use it. Even with the oily skin formula.
You can get Shiseido at Nordstrom,  my favorite store!! Maybe I'll see you there!
XX

2 comments:

  1. I, too, am always one a quest for the perfect foundation! AND trying to pick the right shade at the store. Any tips on that?! Have you come across anything you recommend for those fine, creppy lines around the under-eye area??

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you got cash to spare try, The Opal by Clairisonic. It's a deep sea formula serum that is put into the top of a machine that gets the serum deeper than any other product can go. $245 and $100 for a 3 month supply of refills. Everyone said I looked like a new girl, even the husband!! If you don't wanna splurge, Hyaluronic eye cream by Mario Bedescu, 18 bucks. It plumps up the lines and has great moisture. Apply it and while it's still damp apply concealer. Laura Mercier secret concealer is my fave. Don't use a lot though, a tiny touch is plenty.
    As far as finding the right shade. If you are at the department store find someone who's foundation you think looks good and ask them to match you. If you are at the drugstore or Ulta, try it on the inside of your wrist if you can and if not, do your best to guess and make sure they will exchange or return.
    Good luck girl!!
    XX

    ReplyDelete