Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Porcelain Veneers

Ok, Channing Peirce (Miss Michigan 2011), we all wish we looked as pretty as you even before the smile was perfected by Dr. Ali Saad. What a difference a smile makes in a person. This post is totally personal to me because I have Porcelain Veneers and my confidence level is much improved since getting them. I don't think I realized just how much just being confident in my smile improved my mood . I have always had smaller teeth and a few spaces that my dentist filled with bonding. I had braces when I was young but it didn't correct all the spaces and of coarse it's not going to affect the size of the teeth. Before I got married in 2002, I decided to get Veneers because I covered my mouth every time I laughed. I wanted to be able to smile in my pictures. I was probably being a little dramatic by hiding my teeth but when my smile was corrected, I felt so good, I now smile all the time.
It was a little scary, I'm not gonna lie. My teeth were filed down and temporary Veneers were applied until my permanent ones came in. I was then able to choose a color and wanting them to be as natural looking as possible, I did not choose the whitest. If I have one regret that may be it. As time goes on they stain a little (emphasis on little). I drink a ton of coffee and wine and they still look pretty white.  People ask me "Your teeth were filed down and you were ok with that?". Well, yes. My natural teeth weren't wonderful and the 10 to 30 years that these Veneers are going to last are probably longer than my natural teeth would in the condition they were in from bonding and over brushing. 
This process is like an art, that is why they call it cosmetic dentistry. I found a Dentist who was able to see the same vision I had for my smile and he crafted them exclusively for me. It's a bit pricey and I am pretty sure that insurance doesn't cover it. I financed it and skipped out on a few pairs of shoes and a few dinners out to pay for them. The best person to consult with is the dentist who did Channing's teeth. His name is Ali Saad, he has an office in Birmingham, and his number is 248-646-3515.  I am also sure that there are other treatments and procedures that we don't know about that he could offer us to improve our smile. This goes for the guys too.   
If you smile you can change yourself, others, and your future.- Japanese Proverb
A bit cheesy but I believe it!







No comments:

Post a Comment