Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Deanna Nellenbach, Makeup Artist: Guest Blogger

 
It has been years and years since I have tried drugstore lipstick.  I was spoiled
for so long working at Nordstrom with my fab employee discount... (sigh.....)
Still, I do like to wander through the aisles, checking out the new stuff and how
it mimics the "real deal" found at department stores. Usually I leave empty handed
knowing that I have something far superior in my at-home assortment of all things
Chanel, MAC, or Bobbi.
 
Well, my view was changed...  at RiteAid.....  by (gasp!!) Covergirl!!!
 
Their new Lip Perfection lipstick has gotten a lot of press in the beauty blogs
and I have been mighty intrigued. Funny how in the department store world, a $20
lipstick seems very reasonable in price, yet a $7 lipstick seems a bit pricy in
the drugstore. Well, there is a $1 off coupon on the covergirl website to make
it even better.
 
They have 44 shades in this collection, browns, mauve to burgundy, nude to red,
and pinks.The Covergirl website says that these lipsticks contain Silk Therapy 
Complex to give you "smoother lips in just 7 days". I was more concerned with 
pigment and staying power.
 
I bought a bright shade for Spring called Fairytale. OK, so this particular shade
will look much better on me after I bask in some Florida sun at the end of the
month......  but still, the feel is great, rich pigment, and its almost like a
long wear!  Its pretty great!  
 
I am headed back to RiteAid today to pick up some more.  Do I need 5 new tubes
of lipstick? Ummm, definitely not!!  But at $6 and some change I can get four 
more and still feel good about it. 
 
The $1 off coupon is at www.covergirl.com , so print it out, and go out and try it 
for yourselves!
 
 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment